Thursday, October 20, 2011

Nashville Predators or Prey?

Howdy Y'all.

In the spirit of playing the Nashville Predators, I've taken up a southern accent. Just joking. In all honesty though, don't y'all think that was a doozy of a game? I sure do! And by doozy, I mean awesome game for us Vancouverites. So, I was listening to the Team 1040 on my long commute back to Maple Ridge (sadly, I call this place home) and in the first three minutes, Daniel Sedin scored his third goal of the season. Right away I knew this was going to be a favourable game for us.


First period: After Sedin's wrist shot, Matt Halischuk came right back with a goal for the Preds. But just a couple minutes later, Henrik Sedin brought the Canucks back in the lead with power play goal assisted by his brother Daniel. Another Canuck got his first tonight, and not just his first of the season. Dale Weise, whom we picked up this year from the New York Rangers, scored his first ever NHL goal. Congrats Weise, you are my Canuck of the day! The period ended with Canucks on top with 4-1.


Second period: 7 penalties, and a whole lot of back and forth play. There was no goals for either team, but definitely an exciting period.


Third period: Shea Weber had penalties for boarding and unsportsmanlike conduct, trapping him in the box for 4 minutes. And then my [personal] favourite moment of the game came from the Greek God himself, Ryan Kesler. Yes, he scored his first goal of the 2011/2012 season, and no ladies, he was not naked when he did it. If only...At any rate, his goal made me cheer loudly and even update my Facebook status. I'm sure many, many people did.


And so, on a cold October night in Vancouver, the Canucks beat the Nashville Predators 5-1. Luongo had a good night (26 saves!) so it's safe to say his new helmet is our lucky charm. Saturday October 22, we face the Minnesota Wild at 1 pm. Looks like I'll be recording this one, thanks work.


Until then, y'all have a good night!


Much love,

Cryssy Canuck








No comments:

Post a Comment