Thursday, October 20, 2011

A hat trick loss for Edmonton.

Okay, so it occured to me that A) I have no life when I'm in school and neglect everything, including this blog and B) I have a bad memory and forgot about my blog..oops! Nevertheless, here I am 5 days late with the recap of our Vancouver Canucks vs. the Edmonton Oilers. Spoiler alert: we won!!! Sorry, it's been long enough I'm sure everyone knows the score.

Here's a quick breakdown:
First period: Sammy Salo scores for the Canucks with his first goal of the season! Beauty slapshot. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins scored 2 goals ending the third at 2-1 in favour of the Oilers.

Second period: Henrik Sedin scores his second goal of the season, but Mr. Nugent-Hopkins comes right back with a hat trick! Congrats for that. Weise and Peckman had a bit of a scuffle on the ice, so both had a 5 minute penalty for fighting. To add to the excitement, Alex Burrows scored to tie the game at 3-3 going into the third period. Way to be Burrows!

Third period: Sammy Salo, you're the man! The only man, in fact, with a goal in the third! Great job Canucks, what a nice win to end off our road trip.

And so, Canucks hosted the New York Rangers on Tuesday night..read about that recap in my belated blog!

Much love,
Cryssy Canuck

No comments:

Post a Comment